Creating a Mold Free Home

When you own a home you have a series of chores and responsibilities that must be maintained if you wish for the home to be a clean and safe environment. One of the worst things that you have to safeguard your home from is that of water damage, especially when it takes on the form of black mold. Year after year homeowners lose millions of dollars to black mold damage. It is one of the worst and most hazardous substances that you can have in your home. If you want to know what black mold can do to your home and how to get rid of it then read on.

Where to Find Mold In Your Home

The first thing that you need to understand about mold is that it is only able to grow in places where the following two elements are present: heat and moisture. This is why you are more likely to find mold in areas of the home that have exposed piping or in the kitchen and bathroom. Any area in your home where water can reach the surface is a likely candidate for mold presence. If you suspect there is mold in your home then you need to find an expert on mold remediation in Orlando Florida.

What Mold Is Capable Of Doing

Mold is a very corrosive and toxic substance. When it latches on to an area of your home one of the first things it will do is cause discoloration in the form of dark splotchy areas. From there it will begin to slowly eat away at the surface. If it makes its way to the wooden structure of your home then it will not be long before it turns that structure into something highly unstable and unsafe. To learn more about black mold and what it can do to your home visit

Making things worse are the effects that black mold can have on your health. Black mold sends hundreds of people to the hospital every year. This is because it travels in your home by sending out small, microscopic spores. These spores float through the air and you can easily inhale them without even realizing it. They can very quickly cause you to develop respiratory illnesses and they could even kill you.

Here are some tips you can use to make your home safe and mold free: